Firefox is so slow it is practically unusable, also on Mozilla Support pages!
Many pages cause the system to freeze for a long time so the application needs to be ended with the Task Manager (which always reports that the application is not responding). I have downloaded the newest version of Firefox (16.0.2) and i have reset Firefox. I have also tried starting without add-ons, but it does not help. I am unable todetermine which plug-ins i really need and which I could delete.
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.4 r402
- Google Update
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 10.7.2 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Nokia Suite Enabler Plugin
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.5.2"
- Picasa plugin
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- RayV Plugin
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 18.104.22.168
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:16.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/16.0
A possible cause is security software (firewall,anti-virus) that blocks or restricts Firefox or the plugin-container process without informing you, possibly after detecting changes (update) to the Firefox program.
Remove all rules for Firefox and the plugin-container from the permissions list in the firewall and let your firewall ask again for permission to get full unrestricted access to internet for Firefox and the plugin-container process and the updater process.
Create a new profile as a test to check if your current profile is causing the problems.
See "Creating a profile":
If the new profile works then you can transfer some files from the old profile to that new profile, but be careful not to copy corrupted files.
You can also try to reset Firefox: