firefox prevents page from redirecting to another page and prevents downloans?
Firefox prevents web pages from automatically redirecting or from downloading pdf files. I have tried setting permissions to allow cookies but am unable to get a name to stay in the box.
The problem is new, since I recently started clearing all cookies from time to time.
How can I allow cookies on specific websites?
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r183
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- RealPlayer Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.5; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
I have tried the permissions page but without success. Have also checked preferences. Directions did not help. Could use better picture showing steps, one picture per step.
- Firefox/Tools > Options > Advanced > General : Accessibility : [ ] "Warn me when web sites try to redirect or reload the page"
The setting in "Tools > Options > Advanced > General" is meant as an accessibility feature, as you can see by the label of that section, so that people with disabilities or people who use screen readers do not get confused and is not meant as a safety protection to stop redirecting.