this site works in Safari but not in Firefox
This site works fine in Safari but not in the latest version of Firefox on 2 of my computers:
I've cleared cache, restarted, etc. - no good. On Safari, I see a bunch of tiled thumbnails for various books on Amazon. On Firefox, I see absolutely no thumbnails, just rows of text and horizontal lines (I can't figure out how to upload attachments here).
Modified by Mike_levin
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- Version 184.108.40.20626
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.15
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.6.5
- Office Live Update v1.0
- AmazonMP3DownloaderPlugin 1.0.16
- Juniper Networks Safari Extensions
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- npmnqmp 071706000001
- RealPlayer Plugin
- Yahoo! Installer Plug-in provides application installation support
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:15.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/15.0
You can consider the Reset Firefox feature via Help (Alt + H) > Troubleshooting Information.
(To revert to the previous profile you were using, close the new profile (i.e. exit Firefox), start Firefox and choose the Default User profile. While the Profile Manager is open, you can also delete the newly reset profile (the one containing random numbers), or the former profile, as the case may be).
You can't attach a screenshot to the first post that starts a thread, but you can do that to additional reply posts.
If images are missing then check that you aren't blocking images from some domains.
- Check the permissions for the domain in the current tab in "Tools > Page Info > Permissions"
- Check that images are enabled: Tools > Options > Content: [X] Load images automatically
- Check the exceptions in "Tools > Options > Content: Load Images > Exceptions"
- Check the "Tools > Page Info > Media" tab for blocked images (scroll through all the images with the cursor Down key).
If an image in the list is grayed and there is a check-mark in the box "Block Images from..." then remove that mark to unblock the images from that domain.
Make sure that you do not block third-party images, the permissions.default.image pref should be 1.
There are also extensions (Tools > Add-ons > Extensions) and security software (firewall, anti-virus) that can block images.
Yes! Starting in a new profile fixed it. But I don't want to have to re-do everything for the new profile (options, add-ons, autofill info, etc.) - any way I can figure out what the problem is? Attached are what I see and what the page looks like on a fresh profile.
Aha! Restarting without add-ons fixed it. I must have something that blocks iframes with links to Amazon books. Thanks!
Modified by Mike_levin
Good to know that you were able to isolate the issue :)
Please also see: Troubleshooting Extensions and Themes