Can't open gmail after updating firefox
I updated to Firefox 14.0.1 and gmail will not open. Have been trying for several hours since the update. Other google sites work fine and I am able to open gmail with Safari, which makes me believe it is a firefox update issue.
Additional System Details
- Version 220.127.116.1131
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.44.16
- Shockwave Flash 11.3 r300
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Office Live Update v1.0
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:14.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/14.0.1
Clear the cache and the cookies from sites that cause problems.
"Clear the Cache":
- Firefox > Preferences > Advanced > Network > Offline Storage (Cache): "Clear Now"
"Remove Cookies" from sites causing problems:
- Firefox > Preferences > Privacy > Cookies: "Show Cookies"
You can also check the network.http.* prefs on the about:config page and reset all bold user set network.http prefs to the default value via the right-click context menu -> Reset.
This is the standard Firefox fix that does not work. The problem is not the cache nor is it the cookies. The issue is a firefox issue only and G-Mail can be opened in other browsers such as IE. This is so frustrating and everyone is still complaining there is no decent fix after many complaints. I've re-installed mozilla - still doesn't fix it.
Try to set the network.http.spdy prefs to false on the about:config page.
You can also try to disable IPv6.