When my battery dies on laptop. Firefox used to ask "do you want to restore your previous work" or start over. It was cute. Said Like "Well , this is embarassing" or some such.
How do I reset to offer to restore pages that were opened, before the computer was shut down?
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- ActiveTouch General Plugin Container Version 105
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- BrowserPlus -- Improve your browser! -- http://browserplus.yahoo.com/
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 188.8.131.52
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r22
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; rv:10.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/10.0
The setting is Show my windows and tabs from last time beside When Firefox starts in Tools (Alt + T) > Options > General. Additionally you may also have to enable Remember History beside Firefox will in Tools > Options > Privacy.
Firefox 4 and later versions save the previous session automatically, so there is no longer need for the dialog asking if you want to save the current session.
Use "File > Exit" or "Firefox > Exit" (Mac: "Firefox > Quit Firefox") if you want to restore multiple windows or otherwise have problems with restoring tabs.
You can use "History > Restore Previous Session" to get the previous session at any time.
You may need to click the orange/gray Firefox button to see History.
There is also a "Restore Previous Session" button on the default about:home Home page.