I am running with Firefox version 3.5.7. I am trying to update to a more recent version. So far, the update has been running for 4 hours. For most of the time it has been downloading versoin 3.6.18. Why am I hanging trying toi update?
I have an old version of Firefox - Version 3.5.7.
I am trying to update to the current version. As part of the update, the system is first loading all of the intermediate versions.
I started the update 4 hours ago. It is still running. Most of the time, it has been downloading version 3.6.18. I am letting it run.
Is there any other way to get the most recent version?
Additional System Details
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Picasa plugin
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_22 for Mozilla browsers
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Rhapsody Player Engine Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20091221 Firefox/3.5.7 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
I suggest you to to alternate and easiest way by downloading here
Thank you. That is basically what I did. I gave up on the update and downloaded a fresh version of Firefox.