Where are the Firefox profiles files stored in Windows 7? I currently have Firefox 3.6.24 profiles and have installed 3.6.24 on Win7. How can I get Firefox to read my profile
I just want to copy the profiles off the old xp machine onto the new Win 7 machine and run Firefox 3.6.24 on it. Then I'll upgrade to a newer Firefox later.
Additional System Details
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 11.0 r1
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- DivX Plus Web Player version 220.127.116.11
- DivX VOD Helper Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- Version 1.1.11, copyright 1996-2011 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_17 for Mozilla browsers
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20111103 Firefox/3.6.24 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Profile is a folder which store all your personal data in a safe place
- here explain how to backup profile https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Backing%20up%20your%20information
- here explain how to restore it
Window XP uses a different directory structure than Windows 7 and because of that it is best not to copy a full Firefox profile from Windows XP to a Windows 7 computer, but only copy the files that you really need and that are safe to copy.