How can I change the google home page from http://www.google.com.pr/webhp?hl=es-419 to http://www.google.com/webhp? I will not use the puerto rico home page.
Good evening. I live in Puerto Rico and recently installed Firefox. The google search page that the browser assigns to me is http://www.google.com.pr/webhp. This page comes up in spanish, which I have no use for, and is for Puerto Rico.
I will not use this google page. In MS Explorer I changed the default google page to http://www.google.com/webhp and this page takes me to google US. How can make this change in Firefox? If I cannot change it I will delete Firefox.
Jose R Gonzalez San Juan Puerto Rico
Additional System Details
- Shockwave Flash 10.3 r181
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_25 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:5.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/5.0
Changing url to http://www.google.com/webhp
Try to clear the Google cookies from both those sites if you have any and click the link to go to "Google.com in English" at the bottom of the Google page if you get the wrong locale after going to www.google.com
Such a choice is saved in a cookie on your computer, so you need to make an allow exception for Google to keep that cookie or you need to repeat the steps.