we followed the directions on the uninstall firefox web browser page. including the part where you go to the uninstall folder on the c: drive and use the helper application to uninstall firefox. this does not work because a popup box displays an error message saying "can't initialize plugin please try again later." we tried restarting the computer and redoing all these exact steps again only to get the same problems and error messages.
Additional System Details
Not sure how often
This started when...
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.5"
- Default Plug-in
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- BitTorrent Plugin 1
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 10.3
- GetRight® Opera/Mozilla/Netscape Plug-In
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_13 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2009011913 Firefox/3.0.6 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
everything is listed in the box above.
I cant completly uninstall FF5 either im trying to reinstall it but all i get is a message saying i need to reboot so FF5 can continue to uninstall it. ive restarted my computer atleat 10 times since I got that message the first time.