How can I stop the ripple across the screen when scrolling down since I upgraded my Mac to Firefox 4 ?
Since I upgraded to Firefox 4 I am getting a horizontal ripple across the data when scrolling down, which is very disruptive and uncomfortable. How can this be corrected. I am using an IMac with Mac OS X 10.6.7 ?
Way more than 2 people have this problem. No response yet. Not good. Opera here I come.Read this answer in context 2
Additional System Details
Every time Firefox opened
This started when...
after I upgraded to Firefox 4
- Microsoft Office for Mac SharePoint Browser Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:2.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0
Way more than 2 people have this problem. No response yet. Not good. Opera here I come.
Same problem on Imac with updated software. Had problem in earlier versions and changed key : <key>CGDisableCoalescedUpdates</key> <true/> to false and that resolved the problem. It helps somewhat with Firefox 4, but not enough. Is this just a Mac problem or are PCs having the same problem? This may be enough for me to switch browsers or go back to 3.6.
Can you point me to the thread where others have mentioned this issue. I want to follow the progress. Thanks.