Sites say cookies not enabled, but they are!
My privacy setting are 'accept third party cookies' and I haven't changed this at all. However, since installing firefox more and more sites are telling me cookies are not enabled - but they are. This happens over time to EVERY firefox installation I have, no matter what machine its' on and no matter what OS - it starts fine gradually gets worse and worse rejecting more and more cookies! WHY!
Additional System Details
- Yahoo! activeX Plug-in Bridge
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 10.0.1
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- CouponNetwork Coupon Activator
- Shockwave Flash 10.2 r152
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 188.8.131.520
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_23 for Mozilla browsers
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 184.108.40.206
- Office Live Update v1.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- RealPlayer(tm) HTML5VideoShim Plug-In
- BlackBerry WebSL Browser Plug-In
- Google Update
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20101203 Firefox/3.6.13 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
I'd already got most of those settings - but I'll keen an eye on when it next happesn and try the rest of the fix. Thanks!
A couple of more things: You should verify that cookies are permitted for the website. To do that, open the website and check cookie permissions in Tools > Page Info > Permissions.
Also, in case you are using a firewall, check if it is not blocking the cookies.
Yup, done both those. SEEMS to be behaving now, but I'll not hold my breath. Thanks.
Now its back again - Facebook is the latest 'victim' and say cookies not enabled on your browser - did all the fixes and still won't let me in.
What does "Tools > Page Info > Permissions" show for Facebook?
Well thats' interesting - even though cookies were enabled in the options menu - on this page they were blocked, but I was still having the same problem after allowing them! It only made a difference when I selected the allow for session option !