updating Firefox causes server reset
whenever I attempt to update to the latest Firefox, I get an error that the server was reset. I have tried this from 2 different locations which means different internet access accommodations. Also happened on 2 different computers.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
Dec 20, 2010
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Garmin Communicator Plug-In 220.127.116.11
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Version 1.1.4, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Classic Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Netscape and Mozilla
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20071127 Firefox/22.214.171.124 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Try to download the Firefox installer from http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html
Save the file to the desktop and close Firefox (File > Exit) before starting the installation with a double-click on that desktop icon.
I got an error in IE that Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.