How do I reset Proxy settings?
A few minutes ago I got a warning from Windows Defender saying that I had a virus. I had removed the virus and when I went on Mozilla FireFox and it said that it couldn't connect because it was either the proxy settings or my Internet Connection. I had just reset my proxy settings on Internet Explorer and it was restored on Mozilla Firefox. I just want to know if there is any way to fix these on Mozilla Firefox. This had happened before because I remember resetting my settings.
Additional System Details
Just once or twice
This started when...
I got a warning from Windows Defender.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r82
- Runs 3-D games and interactive applets
- Office Plugin for Netscape Navigator
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.4"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Provides additional functionality on Facebook. See our web site for details.
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Update
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C) PicMorphSearchToolbar/1.2
See "Firefox connection settings" in Server Not Found - Troubleshoot connection problems
You can find the connection settings in Tools > Options > Advanced : Network : Connection
If you do not need to use a proxy to connect to internet then select No Proxy