When I left click on a link, the new tab opens in a completely different window.
The new tab usually opens at the end of a different window. If I right click, and try to open the link in a new tab, it will open immediately to the left of the current window.
Additional System Details
A few times a week
This started when...
A couple days ago, not sure what changed.
- Version 18.104.22.168
- Google Talk Plugin Video Accelerator version:0.1.43.3
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Default Plug-in
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.4.1"
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r102
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 22.214.171.1242
- Picasa plugin
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20 for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 GTB7.1 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C)
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode?
Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
Yes, I still have that problem in safe mode.
What are the Tab settings?
Tools > Options > Tabs: "Open new windows in a new tab instead"
If you mean where new tabs open then set the pref browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent to false on the about:config page.
If you mean something else then please try to explain better what happens.
I'm not sure exactly what worked (I tried those things you you listed, and was unsuccessful at "fixing" the problem) - but for some reason it is working as it should now.
Thanks for your help - I really appreciate it. It wasn't a big deal, but was annoying to me.