cannot access gmail
Installed FF today.When trying to log in to my gmail,the login page comes back,enter password again and so on. I never had this problem in IE and if it is not put right quickly,I give up FF. I tried to reset my password,that did not work. It is aproblem on this computer as I have tried on another one and it worked on that.
Additional System Details
- Java(TM) Platform SE binary
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r12
- Adobe Shockwave for Director Netscape plug-in, version 11.5
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_21 for Mozilla browsers
- NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- Google Updater pluginhttp://pack.google.com/
- Google Update
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape 8.2.5
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-GB; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20101026 Firefox/3.6.12 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729)
No error message just can't log in.
I downloaded Chrome and used it but still kept Firefox as my preferred browser. But after I installed Chrome, it became harder and harder to access my gmail account from Firefox. So, I made every suggested tweak to every part of my system but it did not help. Finally, I uninstalled Chrome and updated everything. But since I uninstalled Chrome, the problem got worse and now it is almost impossible to load Gmail from Firefox.
So, although I have spent hours on forums addressing this problem, nothing helps. Yet I have no trouble with gmail with any other browser, using my same computer and exactly the same settings.
This is very frustrating and time wasting and I wish I could get more direct help from Firefox instead of being left to post a reply into cyberspace.
The Firefox community is very smart and resourceful, and I wish someone from Firefox could see this and address it directly as well. The only thing is, I am not sure this started at Firefox. On lots of the forums, I saw comments taking them to task for the issue. But in my experience it started after using Chrome, even though it actually got worse after I uninstalled Chrome.
Maybe Google is blocking Firefox, rather than Firefox blocking Google.