firefox 3.6.8 will play html5 ogg media locally but not online-mime type problem?
I can play html5 embedded video ogg media .ogv in an html file locally on computer with FireFox 3.6.8 but not when online. Apparently this is related to server side issue with incorrect configured mime type. There is no expected fall back to Flash but instead a black video box appears with x in the middle(some kind of error signal).
The issue concerns Yahoo small business web hosting but so far no support is forthcoming it seems.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Additional System Details
- Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- The Google Earth Plugin allows you to view 3D imagery and terrain in your web browser.
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:220.127.116.11) Gecko/20100722 Firefox/3.6.8
The server needs to send the .ogv files with the correct MIME type.