When printing thru Firefox, only graphics prints- not text. I reset all print.print_printer in config., still no text. Problem only occurs with Brother 1440 laser though, my other printer is good. I am using W2K
This printing problem started happening when I installed and started using Firefox instead of Explorer
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53
- RealPlayer(tm) LiveConnect-Enabled Plug-In
- RealJukebox Netscape Plugin
- Java Plug-in 1.4.2_04 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-GB; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6
As a first step, reset the selected printer in your Firefox preferences:
1. Type about:config in the Location Bar and press Enter. A list of preferences will appear.
2. Find the preference print.print_printer (Note: this preference is missing in Firefox profiles where you've never used the printer.)
3. Right-click (context-click) that preference and select Reset. (Some users may need to reset all the print.printer preferences for a particular printer, if resetting this one master preference doesn't solve the problem.)
4. Restart Firefox and see if the problem is resolved.
Note: If you get the warning dialog, "Printing failed when starting the document" and if the print.print_printer preference has no printer shown, either you don't have a printer selected, or Firefox doesn't know it is installed on your system.
Does not print to paper at all
If you are having a problem with Firefox not printing to paper at all, and you don't receive a warning dialog:
* Press on the keyboard and make sure that you don't have Print to file selected under Printer > Comment:
* Make sure that your correct printer is selected at Printer > Name:. (You might be "printing" to a Program such as Adobe PDF or Intuit.)
Prints to a small portion of the page
If you are having a problem with Firefox printing only on a small portion of the page:
* Press on the keyboard and verify the correct Printer is selected,
* Click the Properties button and look at the Paper tab and Layout tab (or whatever your particular printer brand calls those items):
o Paper: Is the correct size selected? (usually 8.5"x11" or A4). Is the Orientation correct? Is the Printable Area correct?
o Layout: -Is Reduce/Enlarge check-marked? It shouldn't be. Is Multi-Page check-marked? It shouldn't be unless that is what you want.
Print spooler service is not running
If you attempt to print a web page, a dialog box may appear with the message, Before you can perform printer-related tasks such as a page setup or printing a document, you need to install a printer. Do you want to install a printer now?. If you click Yes, you may see the message, Operation could not be completed. The print spooler service is not running. If you are not having problems printing with other applications and if, on Windows, the print spooler service (spoolsv.exe) is already running and is set to automatic  you'll need to turn on the Print Spooler in your printer's preferences dialog box, through Firefox and the "native print dialog". Changing the spooler setting anywhere else except from the "native print dialog" when accessed through Firefox, may not set that preference to affect Firefox. When you press you will see what is called the "native print dialog box", click the "Properties" button in the upper right of that window, with the correct printer showing in the Printer - Name: box. Note that not all brands of printer drivers will give you access to the spooler settings through that specific Properties button. This can also vary by operating system.  
Delayed printing or freezes when trying to print
Check your printer Properties -> Advanced section to make sure that print spooling is turned on.
Does not print entire page content
If images are cut off, click "File -> Print Preview" and, on the toolbar, set "Scale:" to "Shrink to fit", if a different setting is shown. 
If part of the text is cut off, try setting "Scale:" to 100% in Print Preview. If that doesn't help, try selecting the Monospace font to something other than "Courier" or "Courier New" in your Firefox options ("Content / Fonts & Colors -> Advanced") and UNcheck the option to allow pages to use their own fonts. This may be necessary on certain web pages that specify Courier fonts since those fonts may cause printing problems in Firefox 
When trying to print web pages with text areas, if the text area contains a misspelled word and spell checking is enabled, all the following content of the text area will not be printed. You can right-click in the text area and uncheck "Spell check this field" to turn off spell checking temporarily while you print. 
Does not print multiple pages
DIVs, I-Frames, and Tables that extend beyond the end of a page can cause this problem.  Related bug reports include:
* Bug 113217 – iframe printing broken when iframe height more than page height
* Bug 154892 – Splitting Absolutely positioned frames not implemented - Missing second page of content when printing or print previewing this site (fixed in Firefox 3)
* Bug 192129 – Only one (1) page in print preview
Prints garbled text
Printing to Adobe PDF Writer produces garbled text in Firefox 3 (but not Firefox 2). Firefox 3 also prints garbled text with some printers using older printer drivers (examples are illustrated here). Related bug reports include:
* Bug 422253 - Acrobat PDFWriter prints/saves document garbled
* Bug 454532 - Font glyphs incorrectly displayed with certain printer drivers
* Firefox/Feature Brainstorming:Printing
* Firefox:Printing and Page Setup
Any chance that printer is listed twice in about:config ?? The second version would have a (2) for the prefs for the second listing.
If so, all those (2) prefs need to be reset, and you need to make sure they don't reappear after you restart Firefox. --- BTW, the data you put in the Troubleshooting Information box isn't the information that this forums software asked for, the correct information is found in Help > Troubleshooting Information..., then you hit the Copy all to clipboard and then paste that info into the box for that information.
That information would have answered my question about duplicate listings; that feature was developed for this forum and would have shown all your printer data in your original posting.
I have only (1) Brother 1440 printer listed under "Printers"
also below is the information from "Troubleshooting Information" Does this help? If not, what do you need me to do to get you the information that you need?
Many thanks, P
Open Containing Folder
print.print_printer Brother HL-1440
I have the same issue with Windows XP SP3. The printer is attached to a Windows 2000 server.
What I am doing to work around for now is printing to PDFCreator. Then I print from PDFCreator to the HL-1440.