Since my last Firefox update, I cannot print. Everytime I can this message: An unknown error occurred while printing. I have version 3.5.10. How can I go back to previous version?
Since my last update, I can no longer print. I get this message: An unknown error occurred while printing. I have version 3.5.10. How can I go back to the previous version?
A few times a week
== after I did last update of Firefox
Additional System Details
- -Image Control Plugin for viewing images on Ancestry.com. Version 18.104.22.168
- Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer Plugin
- Coupons, Inc. Coupon Printer DLL
- E-centives Coupon Activator
- Unity Player 2.6.1f3
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 22.214.171.124
- Allows browsing on RealArcade sites with Mozilla browsers.
- Java Plug-in 1.5.0 for Netscape Navigator (DLL Helper)
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100504 Firefox/3.5.10 ( .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Ancestry.com Advanced Image Viewer 188.8.131.52
Microsoft .NET Framework Assistant 1.2.1
There are no supported versions of Firefox prior to 3.5.10.
As for your problem, it's possible that you are having a problem with some Firefox add-on that is hindering your Firefox's normal behavior. Have you tried disabling all add-ons (just to check), to see if Firefox goes back to normal?
Whenever you have a problem with Firefox, whatever it is, you should make sure it's not caused by one (or more than one) of your installed add-ons, be it an extension, a theme or a plugin. To do that easily and cleanly, run Firefox in safe mode (don't forget to select Disable all add-ons when you start safe mode). If the problem disappears, you know it's from an add-on. Disable them all in normal mode, and enable them one at a time until you find the source of the problem. See this article for information about troubleshooting extensions and theme and this one for plugins.
If you need support for one of your add-ons, you'll have to contact its author.
The problem is more than the printer,in my experience.I also have the following print options: "print to pdf" freeware , fax," iPrint",and "Microsoft XPS Document Writer",none of which work either.I am using FF 4,Win7,and a Canon Pixma iP4300 printer.I tried all the suggestions in the previous posts to no avail.What makes it worse in my case is the problem is intermittent .Every time I relaunch FF,I never know if the print function will work or not. I can print in IE without a problem. BTW,I created a clean test profile,and the problem has still occurred.