npapi or webkit plugin are not working in firefox
I have a Webkit plugin and NPAPI plugin. Both work fine in Safari but just would not work in Firefox (Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:22.214.171.124) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3) .
about:plugins shows it as installed but when I try to access it from html page none of the entry points in a code are being called.(None of trace statement are being hit) I think Firefox has problem loading those plugins.
I have similar NPAPI plugin working fine in Windows environment on all browsers, but MAC is giving me this problem.
Does anyone has any ideas of what could be the problem?
I even took a BASICPLUGIN sample for MAC and it has the same problem. Anyb
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Gecko default plugin
- Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Amoeba Download Manager plugin - NPAPI version
- LogMeIn remote control components
- Java Plug-In 2 for NPAPI Browsers
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; en-US; rv:126.96.36.199) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Getting the same experience here.
I solved my problem after not getting any responses..... Turns out that some of my xcode compilation switches had to be changed, send me your minimal code that I can compile and i will help you finding it......My NSAPI plugin works just great with all mac browsers....in fact it is the same code excatly as i have for windows, just had to rename some files from .cpp to .m so that I could yuse some cocoa objects....
Same issue here sir. This is on a MAC and Firefox as well.
Please help if you can sir!