I type things into the search bar and nothing happens. What's up?
Now, when I type things in the search bar nothing happens. Not when I press return or when I drag and click the cursor over the magnifying glass icon. I feel like this started about 3 or 4 weeks ago.
Every time Firefox opened
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Java Information.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r42
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/2008070206 Firefox/3.0.1
I presume you are referring to the search bar in the upper right and the lack of search suggestions.
Please follow the instructions in the following Knowledge Base on how to enable/disable Search Suggestions:
Wow, thanks for responding. Yes, I am talking about the search bar in the upper right. The lack of search suggestions isn't an issue.
What should happen: I type what I am looking for (ex: oakland charter schools) and then press return or click on the search icon and then google, which is my chosen search engine for the search bar, comes up with some ideas.
What is happening: I type something in the search bar and press return and NOTHING happens.
Do you have that problem when running in the Firefox SafeMode? http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Safe+Mode Don't select anything right now, just use "Continue in SafeMode."
Yes! Thank you, the-edmeister, you taught me something new that solved my problem.