In can't install Firefox 3.6.3 on my iMac 10.5.8. I always get the message saying I don't have the requested authorization to install some elements, despite I'm amdinistrator of the iMac
Problem installing Firefox 3.6.3 (french version) on my iMac running with Mac OS X 10.5.8
Additional System Details
- -Runs Java applets using the latest installed versions of Java. For more information: Java Embedding Plugin. Run version test: Test Your JVM.
- Netscape Navigator Default Plug-in
- Experience Google Earth in the browser. For more information, please visit the Google Earth Plugin Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- VLC media player - version 1.0.3 Goldeneye - (c) 1996-2009 the VideoLAN teamhttp://www.videolan.org
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Verified Download Plugin
- Plugin that plays RealMedia content
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; fr; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/22.214.171.124
See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Installing_Firefox#Mac_OS_X ..... Download a new copy of the Firefox program: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/all.html Trash the current Firefox application to do a clean reinstall. Install the new version that you have downloaded. Your profile data is stored elsewhere in the Firefox Profile Folder, so you won't lose your bookmarks and other personal data.
See also Upgrading to Firefox 3.6