The newest Firefox won't allow the Firefox plugin, inline Windows media wma files to play
The newest Firefox won't allow the inline Windows media file .wma, and Firefox plugin, to play. Previously, it played every time.
Every time Firefox opened
== I installed the latest Firefox
Additional System Details
- -NPRuntime Script Plug-in Library for Java(TM) Deploy
- Default Plug-in
- Shockwave Flash 10.0 r45
- Yahoo Application State Plugin version 220.127.116.11
- Version 1.0.5, copyright 1996-2010 The VideoLAN Teamhttp://www.videolan.org/
- Next Generation Java Plug-in 1.6.0_19 for Mozilla browsers
- Adobe PDF Plug-In For Firefox and Netscape "9.3.2"
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in Web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- DRM Netscape Network Object
- Npdsplay dll
- DRM Store Netscape Plugin
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:18.104.22.168) Gecko/20100401 Firefox/3.6.3
Windows media plug in 22.214.171.1246
Here's what it looks like
Here's what it looks like in IE.
You have the old version of the windows media plugin in Firefox. To upgrade this, visit Mozilla's plugin check page: http://www.mozilla.com/plugincheck/
Try the VLC player with the plugin from:
Unable to detect the Microsoft DRM or Windows Medial Player plugins from the link above. [Ron, I've had VLC for a long time now and installed the latest update May1.]
I have Full K-Lite codex, Registry Patrol, avast, ad-aware et al, CCleaner, and when through all of them before responding to the suggested fix.
I just installed the latest Opera and wma's work from there as well as IE. Opera seems to have a HUGE screen window. Seems great for webcasting....
I also had some problems with the back button on the latest Firefox.
Thank you for your assistance. I've had Firefox for many years now.
Make sure the Windows Media plugin for Firefox is enabled in tools->add-ons->plugins. The older "npdsply" plugin should be disabled in the same window.
Note that the button says "Enable" when the plugin is disabled and "Disable" when the plugin is enabled.
I had this problem too and I finally solved it by disabling RealPlayer Browser Record Plugin. Now it's OK.