CNN website video hangs. Only CNN.
48.0.2 on Mountain Lion 10.8.5. Fullscreen video on the CNN site plays initially, then stops with a circling round arrow. Lately it has started to do this with that video on the side as you scroll down the screen, as well. Very maddening. No problems on other sites. If I cannot fix this quickly and simply I will have to go to Chrome. Updated flash yesterday, no joy. Suggestions welcome. Thank you
Additional System Details
- Adobe® Acrobat® Plug-in for Web Browsers, Version 11.0.10
- A plugin to detect whether the Adobe Application Manager is installed on this machine.
- Install Detector for BlueStacks App Player
- Plugin that detects installed Citrix Online products (visit www.citrixonline.com).
- The Flip4Mac WMV Plugin allows you to view Windows Media content using QuickTime.
- Glims Plug-in for Safari
- Version 184.108.40.206
- Displays Java applet content, or a placeholder if Java is not installed.
- CIG Download
- The QuickTime Plugin allows you to view a wide variety of multimedia content in web pages. For more information, visit the QuickTime Web site.
- Shockwave Flash 26.0 r0
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.8; rv:48.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/48.0
Update - Video stilll hangs after the new profile and also after 'forgetting' site. Hangs at :15 in. Ad blocker is disabled, and commercial plays just fine.
Start your Computer in safe mode. Then start Firefox. Try Safe websites. Is the problem still there?
http://encyclopedia2.thefreedictionary.com/Linux+Safe+Mode Starting Any Computer In Safe Mode; Free Online Encyclopedia
Ok... So on safe mode, the video plays all the way through on both regular size and full screen. What does that lead you to think the problem is?
It may mean that one of the other programs on your system is causing the problem.
What would be a likely culprit? Where to start? It's odd that it's only CNN, nothing else. And it works fine in Chrome.
Start with your protection programs.