My Bookmarks Toolbar has disappered. No fix works.
I imported my bookmarks, first via Chrome and then via USB stick. All the bookmarks are there in various folders but I can't get a Bookmarks Bar to put them in. I've tried all the various fixes that I could either through Firefox support or other sites but none work. I want to make Firefox my default browser but need to have the bookmarks bar.
Additional System Details
- Google Update
- Shockwave Flash 19.0 r0
- Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) plug-in for Mozilla browsers
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.0; rv:41.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/41.0
Type about:customizing<enter> in the address bar. Look for Show / Hide Toolbars at the bottom left.
There is also a Restore Defaults button at the bottom middle.
To turn different bars on and off, you can use any of these methods to show the toolbar list and select the desired bars there:
- right-click a blank spot on the tab bar (or the "+" button)
- tap the Alt key to activate the classic menu bar > View > Toolbars
- in Customize mode > Show/Hide Toolbars (see: Customize Firefox controls, buttons and toolbars)
To turn on the Bookmarks Toolbar, Menu Bar, or other bars, click it on the list.
To move bookmarks from the menu to the toolbar, you can use the Library dialog. To open that, either:
- "Show All Bookmarks"