i am using firefox 35.1.1 with OS Windows 8.1 .Adobe flash player just crash after updating to version 16. Thing i tried: update to version 188.8.131.527.worked for a few hours.next day same problems again. dom.ipc.plugins.flash.disable-protected-mode set to true in about:config. update to version 184.108.40.2066. uninstall and reinstall adobe flash player. Windows updated virus and spyware scans tried in safe mode
this the latest crash report that i have submitted. https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/report/index/bp-b47113d5-9a16-49ec-8d8b-c6c592150131
I tried using ie11 and it works fine.can someone pls help...i am going nuts trying to read up and search for possible solutions as i am not really good with computer....
Additional System Details
- Hola VLC media player Web Plugin
- Intel web components updater - Installs and updates the Intel web components
- Intel web components for Intel® Identity Protection Technology
- McAfee MSC FF plugin DLL
- McAfee Virtual Technician plugin
- The plug-in allows you to open and edit files using Microsoft Office applications
- Office Authorization plug-in for NPAPI browsers
- Shockwave Flash 16.0 r0
- VLC media player Web Plugin 2.1.3
- WildTangent Games App V2 Presence Detector
- iTunes Detector Plug-in
- User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:35.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/35.0
really getting tired of it crashing, might just switch to Google chrome
Sorry that you are having that problem, but just because Flash doesn't crash in IE means nothing. Adobe has a different version of Flash for each major browser "engine".
NPAPI - Plugin = for Gecko browsers like Firefox ActiveX = used with Trident browsers such as IE Pepper = used with Google Chrome, Opera [as of late] and a few others
With the number of crashes that I have seen posted here about Windows 8.1 in the last few days with the Flash 220.127.116.116 version just having been released, I wonder if Adobe has some fixin' to do? Plus I am not seeing any where as many postings about 18.104.22.1686 crashing on Windows 7 or Windows Vista PCs - considering there are so many more users out there using Win7 ad Vista. And your crash reports "flag" Bugs reported before 22.214.171.1246 was released, many from before any of the Flash 16 versions came out, or so it seems from a quick glance at the flagged Bug reports.