How to use Facebook, Google, Twitter and YouTube on Firefox OS
This article is no longer maintained, so its content might be out of date.
The great thing about a Firefox OS device is having access to all of the people that are important to you. This article will show you how to install and use some of the most popular social media apps such as Facebook and Twitter.
Access your favorite apps
- Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are all available in the Marketplace. So the quickest way to install them is to open the Marketplace app, search for the ones you want and tap the blue Installing apps.
- For things not listed in the Marketplace, try the Adaptive Search. Here, for example, you'll find many Google products (Google+, Google Maps, Google Translate and more). For details, see Search and discover content.
- The main controls are located at the top of the screen. You'll see notifications for friend requests, chats and posts. Of course you can update your status, upload photos and check in.
- Tap the menu button in the upper left to search and access more features.
- Facebook chat is a great way to keep in-touch. Learn how it works.
- If you import your Facebook friends as contacts you can chat with them or post to their walls from the Contacts app.
- Twitter's controls are located at the top of the screen. To create a new tweet, just tap the button in the upper-right.
- You can upload photos to Twitter when composing a new tweet or, with Twitter installed, you can choose it from the share menu in the Gallery app.Note: This feature is available in Firefox OS version 1.1 and higher. Not sure what version of Firefox OS you have? Here's how to find out.
- Search for anything - tap the search button in the top right.
- Tap the menu button in the top left to explore or sign in to your Google account so that you can access your subscriptions and get recommendations.
- You can also use Adaptive Search to save a special YouTube search to your home screen. For details, see Search and discover content.