Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Αυτό το νήμα αρχειοθετήθηκε. Κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Αρχειοθετήθηκε

I want to search Google USA only, but live in Australia, and Google keeps reverting to .com.au - I want .com only.

arty

I want to search Google USA only, but I live in Australia, and Google keeps reverting to .com.au. I mananged to have it set to this previously and have been using it like that for months. But since I updated Firefox a few days ago, this setting seems to have disappeared and I cannot remember how I got it set up. I only want Google.com and not .com.au unless I specifically type that in. Can anyone help, please?

I want to search Google USA only, but I live in Australia, and Google keeps reverting to .com.au. I mananged to have it set to this previously and have been using it like that for months. But since I updated Firefox a few days ago, this setting seems to have disappeared and I cannot remember how I got it set up. I only want Google.com and not .com.au unless I specifically type that in. Can anyone help, please?

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)

You can click the link at the bottom of the local Google page to go to the "Google.com in English" site.

You can set Google preferences on the Google Search settings page (click the gear icon at the top right).

Such settings are stored in a cookie on your computer that you need to allow.

  • Tools > Options > Privacy > Cookies: "Exceptions"
  • Tools > Page Info > Permissions