Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Ανοικτό

Local directory path not suitable for message storage?

Hannah

I received an error saying 'The Local Directory path C:\\Users\\RER-KU\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\q2hrwh2q.default\Mail\Local Folders" is not suitable for message storage. Please choose another directory.'

I cannot receive any emails, and also received the error 'Sending of password for user 'rerlaroberts@att.net' did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later.'

I have had the same issue for 3 days now with no luck.

I received an error saying 'The Local Directory path C:\\Users\\RER-KU\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird\Profiles\q2hrwh2q.default\Mail\Local Folders" is not suitable for message storage. Please choose another directory.' I cannot receive any emails, and also received the error 'Sending of password for user 'rerlaroberts@att.net' did not succeed. Mail server inbound.att.net responded: Server error - Please try again later.' I have had the same issue for 3 days now with no luck.

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)

So we have multiple issues here.

1. Protected paths. https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/dangerous-directories-Thunderbird-account-settings Please right click the "Local Folders" account and check that the path in Settings is as shown in your post. I am just a little perturbed that the first part is showing as a UNC path with the \\

2. Password issues on ATT. That is about as vanilla as it gets around here, for reasons best understood by ATT you need to use a mailkey you get from their website, not your ATT password, to retreive email.

Recent changes mean that oAuth authentication can also be used with ATT, but I am not sure if they have arrived at a release version as yet. If it is an option use it instead of a password.

Note that "Server error" part is usually reported by folk using their ATT password for mail instead of a mailkey when asked for their password.

Υποβολή ερώτησης

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε στον λογαριασμό σας για να απαντήσετε σε δημοσιεύσεις. Ξεκινήστε μια νέα ερώτηση εάν δεν διαθέτετε ακόμα λογαριασμό.