Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Ανοικτό

How to disable Firefox updates forever?

Firefox user

Hello, I'm pretty tired of Firefox updating itself without asking me or warning me, just telling me that it's going to force me to restart and kill all of my private windows without any chance of continuing browsing. I'd like to disable updates but it seems that they are forced upon the user regardless of choice. Is there a way to prevent them from happening? I managed to disable them on Linux by some miracle but can't find a way to do the same on Mac. I'd also like to remove the little popup that suggests updates every time I open it. No chance of that either? The browser is made for browsing and not for serving the needs of the browser. I really love what Firefox used to be but at this point I might as well switch to something else. The blatant disregard for user experience is what's killing me.

Hello, I'm pretty tired of Firefox updating itself without asking me or warning me, just telling me that it's going to force me to restart and kill all of my private windows without any chance of continuing browsing. I'd like to disable updates but it seems that they are forced upon the user regardless of choice. Is there a way to prevent them from happening? I managed to disable them on Linux by some miracle but can't find a way to do the same on Mac. I'd also like to remove the little popup that suggests updates every time I open it. No chance of that either? The browser is made for browsing and not for serving the needs of the browser. I really love what Firefox used to be but at this point I might as well switch to something else. The blatant disregard for user experience is what's killing me.

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)

Hi

To be fair, you do already seem to be using an older version of Firefox. I would not recommend turning off updates as that will make your browser and your browsing much less secure over time and in the longer term you may find that some web pages fail to open correctly or at all.

Υποβολή ερώτησης

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε στον λογαριασμό σας για να απαντήσετε σε δημοσιεύσεις. Ξεκινήστε μια νέα ερώτηση εάν δεν διαθέτετε ακόμα λογαριασμό.