Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Ανοικτό

How do I set it so that a video keeps playing?

Steven Charles

I have a video playing in one tab, but when I open another tab in the same window, it stops playing. How do I set it to where it will continue playing?

I have a video playing in one tab, but when I open another tab in the same window, it stops playing. How do I set it to where it will continue playing?

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (2)

If the video stops as soon as you switch tabs, I’d first check whether it’s the website doing it. Some sites deliberately pause video when the tab loses focus.

If you’re on desktop Firefox, you can also check about:config for media.block-autoplay-until-in-foreground and set it to false.

If it’s something like YouTube and it still pauses, the site may be enforcing its own restriction. Firefox can keep media playing in the background, but the website can decide otherwise.

Thanks Malcolm, but if I do that, won't that mean that every time I open or wake Firefox EVERY video in every tab/window will begin playing? I had that issue before, and fixed that, so maybe this is price I have to pay to avoid shear cocophony...

Υποβολή ερώτησης

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε στον λογαριασμό σας για να απαντήσετε σε δημοσιεύσεις. Ξεκινήστε μια νέα ερώτηση εάν δεν διαθέτετε ακόμα λογαριασμό.