Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Ανοικτό

No way to properly search history on Android

c.ev.mcgill

Hi - I initially googled this issue and found that it's already been raised several times on these forums and received a response along the lines of "This is a feature, not a bug" and marked as solved - but respectfully, it's a downright awful feature, and I believe it ought to be resolved.

Trying to search for specific items in browser history on Android is functionally useless. Rather than displaying a complete list of all webpages that match the search term in reverse chronological order, like it does when searching History on Desktop, it shows a seeming random selection of "suggestions" plucked from your history across all of time.

E.g.: When searching "https://support.mozilla.org", it doesn't show literally any of the dozens of pages I've been looking at on these forums for the past half hour, but instead six different suggested iterations of the same info page I last visited years ago.

There have been countless times now where I, for example, will try to search for this very thread next week, too far to manually scroll back through all my history, and be unable to find it because all that comes up are irrelevant "suggestions." Instead, I have to open up my laptop and search for the page in the browser history there, *then* (if it's, say, a recipe I wanted to have on my phone while I cook) send it *back* to my phone!

It's incredibly frustrating and is really making me want to uninstall the Firefox app and go back to Chrome.

Hi - I initially googled this issue and found that it's already been raised several times on these forums and received a response along the lines of "This is a feature, not a bug" and marked as solved - but respectfully, it's a downright awful feature, and I believe it ought to be resolved. Trying to search for specific items in browser history on Android is functionally useless. Rather than displaying a complete list of all webpages that match the search term in reverse chronological order, like it does when searching History on Desktop, it shows a seeming random selection of "suggestions" plucked from your history across all of time. E.g.: When searching "https://support.mozilla.org", it doesn't show literally any of the dozens of pages I've been looking at on these forums for the past half hour, but instead six different suggested iterations of the same info page I last visited years ago. There have been countless times now where I, for example, will try to search for this very thread next week, too far to manually scroll back through all my history, and be unable to find it because all that comes up are irrelevant "suggestions." Instead, I have to open up my laptop and search for the page in the browser history there, *then* (if it's, say, a recipe I wanted to have on my phone while I cook) send it *back* to my phone! It's incredibly frustrating and is really making me want to uninstall the Firefox app and go back to Chrome.
Συνημμένα στιγμιότυπα

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)

The root cause of this is that the search results were using the standard address bar sorting algorithm, which prioritizes "frecency" (a combination of frequency and recency). This sorting method is desirable for the address bar, as it often places older pages at the top of history search results, which can make them appear "random" to users who expect a chronological list.

Υποβολή ερώτησης

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε στον λογαριασμό σας για να απαντήσετε σε δημοσιεύσεις. Ξεκινήστε μια νέα ερώτηση εάν δεν διαθέτετε ακόμα λογαριασμό.