Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Ανοικτό

Firefox said extension was interfering with Fingerprinting protection.

brianarc1

I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac).

I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed this to Strict; when I did this, there was a message saying there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best to disable that extension and instead should enable Resist fingerprinting protection that is in Firefox browser.

   I looked up a Mozilla Support article that told how to dissable the extension; I went to about:config, saw some extensions were enabled. The top item was: "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" and it had value of True. It was only extension with name in boldface. I toggled the value to False. 
    I was going to do a browser restart, but first I went back to Settings, Privacy and Security, then to Advanced settings. When I got there, I selected Strict level. This time, there was no message saying anything about "there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best if I disabled that extension." 

My question: since the Warning that had appeared when I was in Advanced settings the first time is now gone, does that mean that my problem is solved? Do I need to try a restart of browser? Also, I did not delete the boldface "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" extension from Advanced Preferences; should I go back and do that? Please advise.

Thank you so much, BA

I need to check out something that happened today in Firefox browser (Mac). I went into Settings, opened Privacy and security. Then clicked Advanced settings, changed this to Strict; when I did this, there was a message saying there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best to disable that extension and instead should enable Resist fingerprinting protection that is in Firefox browser. I looked up a Mozilla Support article that told how to dissable the extension; I went to about:config, saw some extensions were enabled. The top item was: "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" and it had value of True. It was only extension with name in boldface. I toggled the value to False. I was going to do a browser restart, but first I went back to Settings, Privacy and Security, then to Advanced settings. When I got there, I selected Strict level. This time, there was no message saying anything about "there was an Extension enabled that would interfere with this, and it would be best if I disabled that extension." My question: since the Warning that had appeared when I was in Advanced settings the first time is now gone, does that mean that my problem is solved? Do I need to try a restart of browser? Also, I did not delete the boldface "privacy.resist.Fingerprinting" extension from Advanced Preferences; should I go back and do that? Please advise. Thank you so much, BA

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)

I think you're all set.

You don't need/want to delete that entry. Just flipping its value made it no longer bold meaning it uses the factory defaults. That will remove the warning and prevent any unexpected site breakage.

I'm not aware of any of the functionality requiring a restart per se — I quickly verified with timezone shift and it's applied immediately so probably no need for a restart unless you're facing some media rendering issues specifically.

Υποβολή ερώτησης

Πρέπει να συνδεθείτε στον λογαριασμό σας για να απαντήσετε σε δημοσιεύσεις. Ξεκινήστε μια νέα ερώτηση εάν δεν διαθέτετε ακόμα λογαριασμό.