I can hear youtube videos in chrome but not in firefox
Speakers are not muted. When I play a youtube video in Firefox I don't hear anything but if I play the same video in Chrome it works fine. I really prefer Firefox but I occasionally need to use my browser for Teams meetings and the audio doesn't work.
Όλες οι απαντήσεις (5)
Hi Don, could you please make sure that Firefox isn't muted in your Windows settings and that the correct output device is selected?
Right click the sound icon in the bottom right and select "Volume Mixer." If you click on Firefox there, you can also see the selected output device.
Please also check out these help articles: What to do if Firefox won't play any sounds Fix common audio and video issues
Firefox is not showing on the Volume Mixer.
Don said
Firefox is not showing on the Volume Mixer.
You may need to start a video first for Firefox to show up there.
It is showing now and it is not muted but I still don't hear anything.
Fyi for anyone this may help...
I just had this issue in Arch Linux. Firefox only. I did all the recommended suggestions I could find, attempting to resolve pulse/wire conflicts, muted tabs, disabling extensions, reinstall of firefox (pacman -R -S), etc. with several reboots along the way.
Then I clicked on the volume (speaker icon in the systray) and went to the app tab, noted the Firefox slider was active and set to 100% and as it should be. For some reason I decided to move the slider and the sound immediately started working (I had a yt song already playing at the time).
/shrug