Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Αυτό το νήμα έκλεισε και αρχειοθετήθηκε. Κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Κλειδωμένο Αρχειοθετήθηκε

Firefox doesn't ask me where to save a file i want to download?

SuMo Bot

Hello,

I've been facing this problem while i try to download something from internet. I am trying to set firefox to ask me every time where to download the file. But firefox automatically downloads it on desktop and opens the file. I know i'm supposed to select "Always ask you where to save files" but I see no radio button beside the option "Save files to". I've attached a screenshot of my options menu. Is there any solution? My firefox is updated to latest version (115.0.3 64 bit)

Best Wishes!

Hello, I've been facing this problem while i try to download something from internet. I am trying to set firefox to ask me every time where to download the file. But firefox automatically downloads it on desktop and opens the file. I know i'm supposed to select "Always ask you where to save files" but I see no radio button beside the option "Save files to". I've attached a screenshot of my options menu. Is there any solution? My firefox is updated to latest version (115.0.3 64 bit) Best Wishes!

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (1)

Yeah,

It seems that you also need to go into Tools -> Settings -> General and set the Action for the types of downloads (Applications) to Always Ask for those types you want it to. If it's set to just Save File then it just saves it in whatever the download directory you've set is.

Hope that helps, Mark H.

This question has been locked because the original author has deleted their account. While you can no longer post new replies, the existing content remains available for reference.