Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Avatar for Username

Αναζήτηση στην υποστήριξη

Προσοχή στις απάτες! Δεν θα σας ζητήσουμε ποτέ να καλέσετε ή να στείλετε μήνυμα σε κάποιον αριθμό τηλεφώνου ή να μοιραστείτε προσωπικά δεδομένα. Αναφέρετε τυχόν ύποπτη δραστηριότητα μέσω της επιλογής «Αναφορά παραβίασης».

Μάθετε περισσότερα
Αυτό το νήμα αρχειοθετήθηκε. Κάντε νέα ερώτηση αν χρειάζεστε βοήθεια.
Επιλύθηκε Αρχειοθετήθηκε

install 10.6.8 to latest Firefox

Press4word

my mac system running 10.6.8 doesn't meet the requirements to run the latest version of Firefox. I have two vulnerable plug-ins QuickTime 7.6.6 and Java 60.65. Is there any thing that Mozilla is doing to help keep people operating Mac OS 10.6.8 and earlier from vulnerabilities?

my mac system running 10.6.8 doesn't meet the requirements to run the latest version of Firefox. I have two vulnerable plug-ins QuickTime 7.6.6 and Java 60.65. Is there any thing that Mozilla is doing to help keep people operating Mac OS 10.6.8 and earlier from vulnerabilities?

Όλες οι απαντήσεις (3)

Επιλεγμένη λύση

http://mzl.la/1UfNUvK


found the fix

Τροποποιήθηκε στις από τον/την mjbrm

So you are now running the Extended Support Release (ESR) version?

Regarding QuickTime and Java, I unfortunately think you are dependent on Apple for updates. But do you really need them?

Most formats played by QuickTime can be played by VLC instead. See: http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-macosx.html

I'm not aware of a substitute for Java, but not so many sites use the Java plugin any more. Mostly older games, I guess.

thank you for the response. Unfortunately we are all a bit locked into whatever OS we have or are restrained by. I'll take youre advise and see if I can fix one of the vulnerabilities. Java, as far as I am concerned needs to be obsolete. It has had so many breaches and bugs.