Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wode archive me

I am having a lot of trouble getting Firefox to close, so that I can begin a new session. Help!

clete

Very frequently when I have been on Firefox checking my emails, I cannot get it to close so I can begin a new session. I receive a message "Firefox is running but nor responding-------", and in order to get it to close I have to reboot my computer.

Very frequently when I have been on Firefox checking my emails, I cannot get it to close so I can begin a new session. I receive a message "Firefox is running but nor responding-------", and in order to get it to close I have to reboot my computer.

All Replies (1)

You should be able to kill the firefox process, for example by using task manager, that should at least enable you to restart firefox without rebooting the computer.