firefox has fully stoped working for me, i cant open even one tab a message appears that says' guh your tab has crashed' i cant do absolutely anything, please i need help
All Replies (6)
We're sorry to hear that your Firefox seems to be crashing when you open it. Please perform the following steps to give us a crash report ID that helps us find out more about the cause of the crash.
- On the keyboard, press [Windows] The image "Windows key" does not exist. + [R]. This should bring up a Run window that contains a text field.
- In that text field, type %APPDATA% and press Enter. An explorer window should open.
- From that explorer window, double-click on the Mozilla folder, then double-click on Firefox and then on Crash reports. Double-click on submitted.
- Now, you should see a list of files that contain reports. Go to View > Arrange Icons by > Modified to get the most recent files at the top of the window.
- Open the most recent 5 files with a text editor and copy the IDs.
- Paste each ID with bp- into the reply window on the forums.
Thanks in advance!
You can find more information and troubleshooting steps in the Troubleshoot Firefox crashes (closing or quitting unexpectedly) article.
bp-944554e0-83c6-485a-9521-180c00231206 bp-a46d9977-90a6-45d5-bc5b-ee9aa0231206 bp-82bf5ef5-d0ef-469a-9135-ce13f0210905 bp-545437c1-0972-4ad1-889a-911a70210103 bp-95a219e3-8f77-4fd9-b8d4-c19390200109
Would I be right in thinking that you are using ESET security software on you device?
If you, you may want make sure it has been fully updated.
The report IDs you posted are crashes from older Firefox versions (107 and 114) and aren't of much use. Note that with a tab crash (Gah. Your tab just crashed) you rarely get the choice to submit a crash report and thus can be hard to troubleshoot if you can't submit a crash report.
You can check for issues caused by a corrupted or incomplete Visual C++ installation that is missing runtime components (Redistributable Packages) required by Firefox, especially VCRUNTIME140_1.dll.
See "Visual Studio 2015, 2017, 2019, and 2022":
Download the latest vc_redist.x64 and vc_redist.x86 files.
You need to reboot the computer.
yes i have, but i havent renew my subscription, does this have something to do with it?
so if a renew my subscription to ESET security the problem will be solved? the windows defend program it appears that my laptop is secured of any viruses