Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Wode archive me

Have I been Hacked?

dleonardconstruction

I do not know if the "New 100th version of Firefox" is real or a scam. I downloaded this new version and lost my History and Main Bookmarks. Have I been hacked?

I do not know if the "New 100th version of Firefox" is real or a scam. I downloaded this new version and lost my History and Main Bookmarks. Have I been hacked?

All Replies (1)

Sometimes when the browser thinks there is a problem with the profile, it will create a new one.


Look on your desktop. Do you see a folder called; Old Firefox? Look inside. Look for the folder with the latest creation date.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recovering-important-data-from-an-old-profile

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/back-and-restore-information-firefox-profiles

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-run-firefox-when-profile-missing-inaccessible


https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/recover-user-data-missing-after-firefox-update