Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Search Support

Avoid support scams. We will never ask you to call or text a phone number or share personal information. Please report suspicious activity using the “Report Abuse” option.

Learn More
Solved Wode archive me

How to setup text replacements?

johnuher

Hello, I am inquiring how to setup text replacements in FireFox i.e. TY = Thank You It is the same exact tool on Mac OS Mojave in Preferences - Keyboard - Text I would like to setup some per-defined rules that automatically change my text as I type. For instance, when typing "TY" in Firefox, when I hit the space bar, I would like it to promptly change the "TY" to "Thank you" (without quotes).

This would help a lot with my productivity at work. I am not sure if there is a way to enable my text replacement shortcuts setup on my Mac to work in Firefox, or if there is some sort of Add-On that would achieve this.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Hello, I am inquiring how to setup text replacements in FireFox i.e. TY = Thank You It is the same exact tool on Mac OS Mojave in Preferences - Keyboard - Text I would like to setup some per-defined rules that automatically change my text as I type. For instance, when typing "TY" in Firefox, when I hit the space bar, I would like it to promptly change the "TY" to "Thank you" (without quotes). This would help a lot with my productivity at work. I am not sure if there is a way to enable my text replacement shortcuts setup on my Mac to work in Firefox, or if there is some sort of Add-On that would achieve this. Any help here would be greatly appreciated!
Screen ƒe photowo kpe ɖe eŋu

All Replies (3)

Ɖɔɖɔɖo si wotia

Hello johnuher,

Would you give (one of) these add-ons a try (?):

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/foxreplace/

and:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/textfast/

Any good ?

1000x Thank you!!! Really appreciate it. The second add-on listed (TextFast) is exactly what I am looking for. God bless you!

My pleasure - I'm really glad that "TextFast" works for you  !