Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Przeszukaj pomoc

Unikaj oszustw związanych z pomocą.Nigdy nie będziemy prosić Cię o dzwonienie na numer telefonu, wysyłanie SMS-ów ani o udostępnianie danych osobowych. Zgłoś podejrzaną aktywność, korzystając z opcji „Zgłoś nadużycie”.

Więcej informacji
Wątek został zarchiwizowany. Jeśli potrzebujesz pomocy, zadaj nowe pytanie.
Rozwiązane Zarchiwizowany

mac keyboard replacements blocked in firefox

Lost Explorer

Firefox blocks Mac keyboard text replacements. Textfast worked til a week ago, but now it does not. I type "qq1" into a document on the mac, hit enter, then a phrase is automatically typed or inserted. I type "qq3" another phrase is inserted. I have about 12 keyboard replacements. Be nice if Firefox would support this?

Firefox blocks Mac keyboard text replacements. Textfast worked til a week ago, but now it does not. I type "qq1" into a document on the mac, hit enter, then a phrase is automatically typed or inserted. I type "qq3" another phrase is inserted. I have about 12 keyboard replacements. Be nice if Firefox would support this?

Wszystkie odpowiedzi (2)

Do you mean this add-on: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/textfast/

Judging from the reviews, it is hit or miss where it works. But it doesn't work for you anywhere?

One possible reason for an add-on to stop working is if you use only private windows and the extension doesn't have permission to run in private windows. More info on that problem in the following article: Extensions in Private Browsing.

Wybrane rozwiązanie

Thanks for the quick response. Textfast stopped working just a week ago where it was always previously working whether that be in private windows or not. I did give it permission to work in private windows. However, someone mentioned "auto text expander" on the forum. Installed it as an addon. It's working fine now.