Pšašanja za temu pokazaś:

Having problems with certain websites loading full menus. Examples: ChatGPT and USPS.com. Already cleared cookies for these sites under Manage Exceptions.

Having problems with certain websites loading full menus. Examples: ChatGPT and USPS.com. Already cleared cookies for these sites under Manage Exceptions. … (cytajśo wěcej)

Having problems with certain websites loading full menus. Examples: ChatGPT and USPS.com. Already cleared cookies for these sites under Manage Exceptions.

Wócynjony

I’m requesting help troubleshooting a microphone/audio issue with ChatGPT in Firefox.

I’m requesting help troubleshooting a microphone/audio issue with ChatGPT in Firefox. Computer/network information This is my personal home computer, not a company-manage… (cytajśo wěcej)

I’m requesting help troubleshooting a microphone/audio issue with ChatGPT in Firefox.

Computer/network information

This is my personal home computer, not a company-managed computer.

I am using my home Internet connection.

Firefox version: 157.0 (64-bit).

Firefox reports that it is up to date.

Firefox’s start page also displays “What’s new in Firefox 157?”

Microphone: Logitech Brio 101.

Problem

ChatGPT Voice does not recognize my speech when I use Firefox. The ChatGPT Voice interface starts and appears to be listening, but nothing happens when I speak.

ChatGPT’s separate dictation feature also fails to transcribe my speech in Firefox.

The important comparison is that ChatGPT Voice works correctly in Google Chrome on this exact same computer, using the same Logitech Brio 101 microphone and the same Internet connection.

What we have tested

Verified in Windows Sound settings that the Logitech Brio 101 is the default microphone and that its input-level meter moves when I speak.

Confirmed that the Brio 101 microphone works correctly in other applications, including Zoom.

Confirmed that ChatGPT Voice works correctly in Google Chrome on this same computer.

Checked Firefox permissions for chatgpt.com. Firefox is allowed to use the microphone.

Firefox displays the red microphone indicator in the address bar when ChatGPT attempts to use the microphone.

Reset the microphone/site permissions for ChatGPT in Firefox and granted them again.

Changed the Firefox microphone permission to “Always Ask” so that Firefox would prompt me to select a microphone.

During that prompt, Firefox initially showed an External Mic/Sound Blaster input. I explicitly changed the microphone to the Logitech Brio 101 and granted permission.

Even with the Brio 101 explicitly selected, ChatGPT Voice still did not recognize my speech.

Changed Firefox Autoplay permissions for ChatGPT to Allow Audio and Video.

Verified that the ChatGPT Firefox tab was not muted.

Started Firefox in Troubleshoot Mode to disable extensions and other customizations. ChatGPT Voice still did not recognize my speech.

Tested ChatGPT’s separate dictation microphone in Firefox. When I speak, the visual indicator dots react to my voice and become darker, suggesting that microphone activity is being detected. However, no speech is converted to text.

Opened the Firefox Web Console with Ctrl+Shift+K, cleared the console, started ChatGPT Voice, and repeatedly spoke into the microphone while monitoring the console. ChatGPT still did not recognize my speech, and the Web Console remained blank with no error messages displayed.

Repeated the test in Google Chrome. ChatGPT Voice works correctly there using the same computer, microphone, home network, and ChatGPT account.

Current findings

The Logitech Brio 101 itself appears to be functioning correctly. Windows receives its audio, other applications receive its audio, and ChatGPT Voice works with it in Chrome.

The failure appears to be specific to Firefox. Firefox appears to obtain microphone access and even detects microphone activity during ChatGPT dictation, but ChatGPT does not receive usable speech/audio for Voice or produce a transcription through dictation.

Because the problem remains in Firefox Troubleshoot Mode, it does not appear to be caused by a normal Firefox extension.

Could you please advise what Firefox-specific diagnostics or settings I should check next? I would particularly like to determine why Firefox appears to receive microphone activity from the Logitech Brio 101 but ChatGPT Voice and dictation cannot process the audio, while the same features work correctly in Chrome.

Wócynjony 2

Can't access Newsmax articles

I’m still unable to access Newsmax articles in Firefox. I am getting this error: “You don't have permission to access this resource on this server.” Reference #18.d756268… (cytajśo wěcej)

I’m still unable to access Newsmax articles in Firefox. I am getting this error:

“You don't have permission to access this resource on this server.”

Reference #18.d756268.1791195720.16bc0e errors.edgesuite.net

The important detail is that Newsmax works normally in Microsoft Edge on the same computer and the same internet connection, so this does not appear to be an IP or general connectivity problem. The problem appears to be specific to Firefox.

I contacted support yesterday but did not receive a response. Could you please have your technical team look into the Akamai/Firefox access denial associated with the reference number above?

Wócynjony 2

Youtube Running "TV Mode" On Mozilla Desktop

Hello! Randomly this week my Youtube switch UI to something more similar to a TV version. All video details and setting are hidden, below a video are other videos, and t… (cytajśo wěcej)

Hello! Randomly this week my Youtube switch UI to something more similar to a TV version. All video details and setting are hidden, below a video are other videos, and there is no access to comments or like/dislike. I thought the site updated, but from mobile (both app and Firefox browsing) the site is as I normally expect. I opened safari on desktop and again confirmed Youtube seems "normal".

Does anyone have any experience here? Did I accidentally switch on a protective setting?

Thank you for the help!

Wócynjony 1

Your changes are making it worse, not better!

I appreciate that you are trying to improve Firefox, but your rapid pace of development is destabilizing. You need to slow the pace of development to consider changes mor… (cytajśo wěcej)

I appreciate that you are trying to improve Firefox, but your rapid pace of development is destabilizing. You need to slow the pace of development to consider changes more carefully and not ram them down our throats. And you need to do a much better job of quality control. You are destabilizing the browser. It works less well on multiple websites now than it did just a few months ago. You are in danger of losing my participation and support entirely. "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Wócynjony 7

Typing on samsung phones covers window to see what you are typing.

On multiple websites the keyboard on the samsung keyboard will cover the box that shows what you are typing. If you try to scroll down to try to see what you are typing t… (cytajśo wěcej)

On multiple websites the keyboard on the samsung keyboard will cover the box that shows what you are typing. If you try to scroll down to try to see what you are typing the box either dissapears are is partially covered by a random part of the site. This only happens on firefox, chrome does not have this issue.

Wócynjony 1

WordPress custom fields and editor options are not responding or displaying correctly in Firefox.

Hi Mozilla Support Team, I am facing an issue while using WordPress on Mozilla Firefox. The custom fields and options inside the WordPress editor (Gutenberg / Classic Edi… (cytajśo wěcej)

Hi Mozilla Support Team, I am facing an issue while using WordPress on Mozilla Firefox. The custom fields and options inside the WordPress editor (Gutenberg / Classic Editor) are not loading or responding properly. Issue Details: Custom fields and meta boxes fail to render or freeze when interacted with. Data entered into these fields sometimes does not save upon updating the post. The same WordPress dashboard and fields work completely fine on other browsers like Google Chrome. System Info: OS: Windows Browser: Mozilla Firefox (Latest Version) Platform: WordPress Dashboard Troubleshooting Done: Cleared browser cache and cookies. Tested in Firefox Troubleshoot / Safe Mode. Please guide me on how to fix this browser rendering / JavaScript compatibility issue in Firefox. Thanks!

Wócynjony 1

Firefox updated, cannot access my Yahoo mail.

Firefox was recently updated automatically. Since then, I cannot access my Yahoo mail. I can access my emails using Bluemail. When I try to access my emails with Yahoo on… (cytajśo wěcej)

Firefox was recently updated automatically. Since then, I cannot access my Yahoo mail. I can access my emails using Bluemail. When I try to access my emails with Yahoo on Firefox, I receive the following error message.

An error occurred while processing your request.

Reference #97.eba5dc17.1791129448.55aeae20

https://errors.edgesuite.net/97.eba5dc17.1791129448.55aeae20

Wócynjony

what do i need to do so that firefox can be used on albertsons store website

Albertsons grocery store states they support firefox. However I can't use firefox I have all sorts of issues so I have to close firefox and use chrome. What do I need to … (cytajśo wěcej)

Albertsons grocery store states they support firefox. However I can't use firefox I have all sorts of issues so I have to close firefox and use chrome. What do I need to do to get firefox to work at their grocery store website?

Thank you Diana

Wócynjony 8 41

Trouble submitting online forms

I have been using Firefox as my preferred browser for years, but over the past year or so I have noticed increased issues with submitting online forms for some sites (suc… (cytajśo wěcej)

I have been using Firefox as my preferred browser for years, but over the past year or so I have noticed increased issues with submitting online forms for some sites (such as this one https://help.npr.org/contact/s/contact?request=Comment-on-something-I-read). I can see the forms and fill them out but run into a problem when submitting. Generally there is no direct indication that the site is incompatible with Mozilla, simply a message saying they can't process the form "at this time," or something like that. But if I switch to another browser, like Vivaldi or Chrome, the form submits just fine.

I really don't want to use Chrome, so I keep Vivaldi handy as a backup, but I would like to know if there is a way to fix this issue so I can continue to use Firefox and not swap browsers for specific functions like form submission.

I don't have many add ons and have checked the ones I have, and have attempted disabling them, and it doesn't appear that any of them are the issue.

Wócynjony 1 20

Yaho mail unable to load account.

yahoo mail is asking me to enable javascript. It isn't recognising my email and tells me to use another device (which does work), but I want to use laptop. Why is it a… (cytajśo wěcej)

yahoo mail is asking me to enable javascript. It isn't recognising my email and tells me to use another device (which does work), but I want to use laptop. Why is it asking for java when it's already installed?

Wócynjony 1 1 51

I am trying to login to one of my online banking websites and I am getting this message "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" and when I hit the ALLOW button, nothing happens.

I am trying to login to one of my online banking websites and I am getting this message "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" and when I hit the ALLO… (cytajśo wěcej)

I am trying to login to one of my online banking websites and I am getting this message "Firefox prevented this page from automatically reloading" and when I hit the ALLOW button, nothing happens. I don't know if this related to the latest Firefox update ... but it's a real problem for me. I have to keep switching over to Chrome to login in. Please advise what I need to do?

Wócynjony 2

Why am I not able to copy and paste, or choose from the dropdown list in youtube?

Since the update before the last, I haven't been able to paste a name into the youtube search, or if i type in a name and the songs show up on a drop down menu, I cannot … (cytajśo wěcej)

Since the update before the last, I haven't been able to paste a name into the youtube search, or if i type in a name and the songs show up on a drop down menu, I cannot choose from that menu. It works fine in chrome, just not in firefox. This is annoying me so much I am about to quit firefox unless I can get some help.

Wócynjony 1

Google Maps suddenly displaying black

Google maps displays a map and then, a few seconds later the map goes black. I found an archive thread called "Google Maps suddenly displaying black" where it is suggeste… (cytajśo wěcej)

Google maps displays a map and then, a few seconds later the map goes black. I found an archive thread called "Google Maps suddenly displaying black" where it is suggested to use ctrl+F5 to bypass the cache. That solution works but then, a few seconds later: Boom, the map goes black.

Seems to me that when the page is refreshed by a script in the map that whatever gets downloaded corrupts the map and then when the refresh occurs, the map goes black.

What ever this "corruption is" Firefox fails to display the content correctly. I have killed my cache, disabled extensions, used troubleshooting mode, switched to the "auto" system theme etc. The key combo is the only way to temporarily recover the map. I should also point out that I see differences in the map UI, it looks like Google updated the UI in maps.

Wócynjony 7 1 40

Firefox is just completely unusable with Google Services

Google Docs refuses to open. Whenever I open a Doc, it just says "error reported to Google". Additionally, YouTube is just outright unusable, and the lag is insane. Is th… (cytajśo wěcej)

Google Docs refuses to open. Whenever I open a Doc, it just says "error reported to Google". Additionally, YouTube is just outright unusable, and the lag is insane. Is there any way to downgrade versions so I can go back to whichever version didn't have this issue?

Wócynjony 1 1