Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Wócynjony

cannot create auto:config

Richard Silverstein

I don't understand why auto:config is so difficult (for me at least) to create. Isn't there an easier way? I've tried following the directions and creating the 2 files. But I can't manage to successfully create auto:config.

I created and pasted the first tile into the prefs folder. For the 2nd, I noticed the firefox.cfg file I created in Notepad appended a .txt suffix. I pasted it into the Firefox top directory. Then typed auto:config into the address bar. Nothing happened. Can anyone tell what I did wrong? Is the .txt suffix not recognized? Or is there's an easier way to do this?

I don't understand why auto:config is so difficult (for me at least) to create. Isn't there an easier way? I've tried following the directions and creating the 2 files. But I can't manage to successfully create auto:config. I created and pasted the first tile into the prefs folder. For the 2nd, I noticed the firefox.cfg file I created in Notepad appended a .txt suffix. I pasted it into the Firefox top directory. Then typed auto:config into the address bar. Nothing happened. Can anyone tell what I did wrong? Is the .txt suffix not recognized? Or is there's an easier way to do this?
Pśipowjesone fota wobrazowki

Wšykne wótegrona (5)

There's no such a thing. What do you need it for?

TyDraniu said

There's no such a thing. What do you need it for?

To always display close msg x on all tabs regardless of how many are open

Wót Richard Silverstein změnjony

You have to create userChrome.css file instead, the solution is here: https://www.reddit.com/r/FirefoxCSS/comments/1pve9bn/there_is_no_close_button_for_an_inactive_tab/

And it's about:config, not auto:config.

Sorry about that error. Sloppy of me.

I'm finding it hard to understand the steps outlined here & how to implement them. I have some, but not a lot of experience w. css. If it's not too much trouble, could you put them in a sequence for me that I can follow:

" Can locate the relevant CSS in Searchfox here... or using the Browser Toolbox (often quicker to enter the selector when known e.g. type.tab-close-button into the Inspector tab's 'Search HTML' box > press Enter)... the close button of 4th tab (count starts with 3 x pinned tabs) is indicated by small red circle... but is being hidden by default CSS rule display: none; in larger red box:

Thus, need to override the default userstyle in larger red box and Searchfox. Copy all the default userstyle CSS from the Browser Toolbox into profile 'userChrome.css' file... tweak the.tab-close-button selector to exclude displaying close buttons on pinned tabs... add an !important declaration to override the default CSS... try"

  1. Please follow this instruction to create the userChrome.css file => https://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/wiki/userchrome/
  2. The content of this file is from above:
.tab-close-button:not([pinned]) {
 #tabbrowser-tabs[orient="horizontal"], :root:not([sidebar-expand-on-hover]) #tabbrowser-tabs[orient="vertical"], #tabbrowser-tabs[closebuttons="activetab"][orient="horizontal"] &:not([selected]) {
   display: block !important;
 }
}
Stajśo pšašanje

Musyśo se pla swójogo konta pśizjawiś, aby na pśinoski wótegronił. Pšosym stajśo pšašanje, jolic hyšći njamaśo wužywaŕske konto.