Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Rozwězany Archiwěrowany

Why "Open in conversation" is not useable ?

Sigmun

Hi there,

since a while, the feature "Open in conversation" is not usable anymore. I had a look to some other threads here, but none of them get me fix that problem.

To be clear, I check that the "References" field of the newer email corresponds to the "Message-ID" of the older. I've also tried to set a new account or to restart with no plugins, nothing makes it change.

Any idea ?

I am running thunderbird 38.7.0, on linux x86_64. I set up an IMAP account and my local folder is on lan folder via NFS but I've also tried with a local folder.

Hi there, since a while, the feature "Open in conversation" is not usable anymore. I had a look to some other threads here, but none of them get me fix that problem. To be clear, I check that the "References" field of the newer email corresponds to the "Message-ID" of the older. I've also tried to set a new account or to restart with no plugins, nothing makes it change. Any idea ? I am running thunderbird 38.7.0, on linux x86_64. I set up an IMAP account and my local folder is on lan folder via NFS but I've also tried with a local folder.

Wót Sigmun změnjony

Toś to wótegrono w konteksće cytaś

Wubrane rozwězanje

Ok, I don't know why but global indexing was switch off. Switching it on makes Conversation back ! Thanks you anyway for checking. For the feedback, 1. Remove existing database as Matt suggested (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/rebuilding-global-database) 2. Switch on Global Indexing (Preference / Advanced) 3. Restart Thunderbird

Wót Sigmun změnjony

Wšykne wótegrona (5)

I am using a daily build of Thunderbird (that is the developers build) and when I right click on a threaded message and select open in conversation a new tab opens with all the message in their threaded view (including those in the sent folder)

So I am at a loss, given you say you have already tried a restart in safe mode.unless the global database is defective. Try rebuilding it. See https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/rebuilding-global-database

Wót Matt změnjony

I also tried... Not working !

I just tried also the beta version (45.0), not working. It must come from something else... but what ?

Wubrane rozwězanje

Ok, I don't know why but global indexing was switch off. Switching it on makes Conversation back ! Thanks you anyway for checking. For the feedback, 1. Remove existing database as Matt suggested (https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/rebuilding-global-database) 2. Switch on Global Indexing (Preference / Advanced) 3. Restart Thunderbird

Wót Sigmun změnjony

Oh damn, it sounded like this was going to solve my problems and fix the issue. However, after following the instructions to Delete the global-messages-db.sqlite file and then restart Thunderbird, when I look at the Activity Manager it just hangs and doesn't do anything. Says "Indexing 9 of 657 messages in Sent (1% complete)" but doesn't change. Just seems to start and then stop. I've tried quitting and starting up Thunderbird a few times but each time this happens. Any clues?