Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Pomoc pśepytaś

Glědajśo se wobšudy pomocy. Njenapominajomy was nigda, telefonowy numer zawołaś, SMS pósłaś abo wósobinske informacije pśeraźiś. Pšosym dajśo suspektnu aktiwitu z pomocu nastajenja „Znjewužywanje k wěsći daś“ k wěsći.

Dalšne informacije
Toś ta nitka jo se archiwěrowała. Pšosym stajśo nowe pšašanje, joli trjebaśo pomoc.
Archiwěrowany

I can not find my private key. Can you tell me how to find it?

oleysassone

I am trying to download a Certificate under View My Certificates. There is none there. I get a prompt in the process that says:

This personal certificate can't be installed because you do not own the corresponding private key which was created when the certificate was requested.

How do I find or own the corresponding private key?

I am trying to download a Certificate under View My Certificates. There is none there. I get a prompt in the process that says: This personal certificate can't be installed because you do not own the corresponding private key which was created when the certificate was requested. How do I find or own the corresponding private key?

Wšykne wótegrona (1)

The private keys will be listed in "Your certificates" in the Security tab. Settings Menu > Preferences > Advanced > Certificates > "View Certificates"

Since they are not listed, they may no longer be there and you might have to create another cert. There are other third party resources that I have found below:

The certificate file in the profile is cert8.db, but I believe it is encrypted. Those tools mentioned in MDN are the best bet if there is a Firefox profile what still has that cert or private key.