Fragen zum Thema werden angezeigt:

Thunderbird is freezing up after a few minutes or when I try to select a folder.

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGU… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I believe with Update 154,0 my thunderbird has been freezing up. I can't see, to compress files or select some folders. After a few minutes everything freezes up. 21 AUGUST 2026

[redacted] @gmail.com


/edit: unlocked as other was made as duplicate.

Gelöst 6 1 90

Not responding, connectivity issues, slow deleting

Running Win10, all the sudden I'm getting Not Responding messages, failures to connect to server, and slow deleting of emails. I tried everything: uninstalling/reinstalli… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Running Win10, all the sudden I'm getting Not Responding messages, failures to connect to server, and slow deleting of emails. I tried everything: uninstalling/reinstalling; running on troubleshooting mode; checking compatibility. Nothing works. Any ideas?

Thank you

Gelöst 7 131

How do I delete a question I posted?

I posted a question on this forum that I want to delete. I can't find a way to do that. Is there some way to do it? This question isn't really about performance" of T… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I posted a question on this forum that I want to delete. I can't find a way to do that. Is there some way to do it? This question isn't really about performance" of T-bird, but about this forum but I was required to make a selection. . . ..

Gelöst 1 30

unable to open thunderbird emails in waterfox browser

Thunderbird 147.0esr Email arrives. I open it It has the usual 'view this thread' link I click that link waterfox opens all of my home pages.....not the email I have dis… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Thunderbird 147.0esr Email arrives. I open it It has the usual 'view this thread' link I click that link waterfox opens all of my home pages.....not the email I have disabled all add ons, in both thunderbird and waterfox....I have changed profile in waterfox & synced with firefox.

Gelöst Archiviert 3 220

Thunderbird Mailbox kann sich nicht kopieren.

Ich erhalte die Meldung "Nachrichten konnten nicht in die Mailbox-Datei geschrieben werden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass das Dateisystem Ihnen Schreibrechte einräumt und genü… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Ich erhalte die Meldung "Nachrichten konnten nicht in die Mailbox-Datei geschrieben werden. Stellen Sie sicher, dass das Dateisystem Ihnen Schreibrechte einräumt und genügend Speicherplatz zur Verfügung steht, um die Mailbox zu kopieren." Speicherplatz ist genügend vorhanden. Bis jetzt konnte ich meine Emails problemlos abholen. Bin erreichbar über Telefon [edited] oder Handy [edited phone#'s from community support forum]

Gelöst 5 132

The box that shows **full scan running** does not show up at the bottom right corner.

Previously, when I run a full scan, a box will appear at the bottom of the screen stating that full scan is running and when it's finished, this appears full scan is fini… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Previously, when I run a full scan, a box will appear at the bottom of the screen stating that full scan is running and when it's finished, this appears full scan is finished and stayed on until I check Norton. This has not occurred for a long time. How can I fix this? Thank you for your consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

Gelöst Archiviert 1 30

Inbox area/list empty, but says I have messages

My emails were all working (accounts were setup fine). Then, recently, when I opened Thunderbird, the main area (where my messages are displayed) is empty. If I choose an… (Lesen Sie mehr)

My emails were all working (accounts were setup fine). Then, recently, when I opened Thunderbird, the main area (where my messages are displayed) is empty. If I choose another folder, still empty. BUT, the folders all say that there are messages in them (see the attached screenshot)

I have tried the following... 1. Opening Thunderbird in Troublshooting mode: This works, and the messages appear. But I don't want to have to open troubleshooting mode every time. 2. I have ZERO extensions installed, so asking to disable them obviously wont do anything. 3. I have tried to repair the folders (I have tried to repair the default inbox folder, and then tried to repair them all ... nothing worked). 4. I have backed up my thunderbird files, and tried reinstalling Thunderbird. Still didn't work. 5. I tried these three steps ... https://www.mboxtooutlook.org/blog/thunderbird-inbox-missing-emails.html Didn't work either.

Any other suggestions?

Gelöst Archiviert 2 211

Folder cannot be compacted (bug1959858) - "The folder 'Inbox on redacted@aol.com' could not be compacted because writing to folder failed. Verify that you have enough disk space, and that you have write privileges to the file system, then try again."

Each time I start TB, I get this message: "The folder 'Inbox on redacted@aol.com' could not be compacted because writing to folder failed. Verify that you have enough dis… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Each time I start TB, I get this message: "The folder 'Inbox on redacted@aol.com' could not be compacted because writing to folder failed. Verify that you have enough disk space, and that you have write privileges to the file system, then try again." What does this mean and what can I do to fix it. Thanks. M. Campbell

Gelöst Archiviert 3 310

Thunderbird 140.0 on Win 11 PC - Recurring Error: "Unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk space to copy the mailbox."

Am getting this message along with a recurring download of a specific email (keeps coming back even after deletion) that does not allow any other new messages to be downl… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Am getting this message along with a recurring download of a specific email (keeps coming back even after deletion) that does not allow any other new messages to be downloaded. I do see new emails on my phone but will not read into Thunderbird??

Error: "Unable to write the email to the mailbox. Make sure the file system allows you write privileges, and you have enough disk space to copy the mailbox."

Tried: Troubleshooting, closing Thunberbird and reopening, rebooting windows system, compacting, etc. to no avail....

Gelöst Archiviert 11 618

thunderbird hangs when I try to write a reply (win11 64-bit) SOLVED by setting accessibility.force_disabled to 1 (bug1972457)

This has happened the last two times I've tried to write a reply. I will be writing along and all of a sudden the screen dims and I get the blue circle thingy. Thunderbir… (Lesen Sie mehr)

This has happened the last two times I've tried to write a reply. I will be writing along and all of a sudden the screen dims and I get the blue circle thingy. Thunderbird locks up and doesn't come back but the red exit button is available. Of course, I lose all the reply I've written. I've never run into this error before and I've been using Thunderbird for years. I'm running v. 139.0.2 (64-bit) on a win-11 laptop, Firefox in the background but no other programs running. I clear my cache at the beginning of every month, so I did that this morning before starting any programs.

Gelöst Archiviert 2 190

Thunderbird non responsive. SOLVED by disabling hardware acceleration

Need help with Thunderbird. No matter what I tried always comes back to the same problem. Problem: Keep getting message non responding. Very buggy, difficult deleting ema… (Lesen Sie mehr)

Need help with Thunderbird. No matter what I tried always comes back to the same problem.

Problem: Keep getting message non responding. Very buggy, difficult deleting emails (will delete after a prolong period of time > 5 sec). When typing a message there will be no characters then after a short period of time the charterer typed shows up. Sometime without and reason while using Thunderbird it close by itself.

What I have down to solve the problem: 1. Start in safe mode Thunderbird operates as expected with any issues. 2. Win 10 environment, closed all apps and made sure there was no extensions running. Made sure the only app open on the task manger was Thunderbird. NO SOLUTION FOUND 3. Download and install latest version of Thunderbird. NO SOLUTION FOUND 4. Created a new profile file. NO SOLUTION FOUND

Need help, what else is there to try short of a total Nuclear solution?

Gelöst Archiviert 5 455

Thunderbird screens showing strange fonts

I have a fresh install of ubuntu 24.04.3,... on my AMD 'go-faster' PC. S/w all up to date,.. and snaps up to date. In my pursuit of migrating TB email from one m/c to ano… (Lesen Sie mehr)

I have a fresh install of ubuntu 24.04.3,... on my AMD 'go-faster' PC. S/w all up to date,.. and snaps up to date. In my pursuit of migrating TB email from one m/c to another,... nothing works,.. least of all the TB i/f. My TB screen looks as follows:- with only a few seconds in-between shots. This 'font' type issue is my primary problem,.. and is consistent even if a create a 'new profile',.. emails are display still with funny fonts, ( which change as my mouse moves over them ). secondary issue is in copying over my '.thunder' folder structure, from one m/c to new one,.. is TB insists on creating new profile,.. as it reports profile is outdated,.. yet as far as I can see both are running TB 140.2.0esr 64 bit. I have tried several clean installs,.. but results 'seem' to be the same. Does anyone have any ideas...

Gelöst Archiviert 3 161

in inbox some mails suddenly empty and cannot be deleted, other messages not affected

in inbox suddenly some mails became empty and cannot be deleted nor moved nor archived, other messages not affected. It happened earlier and was asked to delete the inbox… (Lesen Sie mehr)

in inbox suddenly some mails became empty and cannot be deleted nor moved nor archived, other messages not affected. It happened earlier and was asked to delete the inbox folder, that worked. But again same problem happening on the same email account, other accounts no problem. See screenshot, the bad ones have red star. Clicking on bad ones: empty screen. MacBook Pro latest OS and software

Gelöst Archiviert 3 261

eMail displayed in source code

Recently when I download messages they are blank in the inbox, but when opened they are in source code! This happens with all accounts. It was working correctly up until … (Lesen Sie mehr)

Recently when I download messages they are blank in the inbox, but when opened they are in source code! This happens with all accounts. It was working correctly up until 7th August. The only update since then was for .net! I'm running latest Windows 11. When I uninstall, then reinstall Thunderbird, initially any messages download correctly, but any further downloads revert back to the problem in question. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Ray

Gelöst Archiviert 2 110

New email, win 11 desktop

reinstalled Thunderbird 140.0.1esr (64-bit). When I attempt to Write a new email: gibberish shows p in the text body. Canot overwrite; have deleted previous version and … (Lesen Sie mehr)

reinstalled Thunderbird 140.0.1esr (64-bit). When I attempt to Write a new email: gibberish shows p in the text body. Canot overwrite; have deleted previous version and reinstalled current one; followed trouble shooting steps in Safe mode without change. This doe not ocur in my Android devices. It appears in each of the two email accounts I have running in Thunderbird, 1) gmail, and 2) email account from my business website. I have been a Thunderbird user for 10+ years, and have not encountered this before. any assistance is appreciated! TYIA!

Gelöst Archiviert 2 100

unable to send email on new install of Thunderbird 128.12.0esr (64-bit)

install on Dell studio 1555 8 gb ram running widows 64 bit windows 10 home solid state drive Unable to send any emails although all the server settings are correct have t… (Lesen Sie mehr)

install on Dell studio 1555 8 gb ram running widows 64 bit windows 10 home solid state drive

Unable to send any emails although all the server settings are correct have the attached dialogue box come up see screenshot. suspect this is not directly a prob with Thunderbird as was having problems with some undelivered email with outlook.

any ideas recive mail is fine

thanks Chris G

Gelöst Archiviert 2 70