Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst Archiviert

Can't get past User Account Controls window

andygmpls

When I download Firefox onto Windows 8, I can't get past the user account controls window. I've answered both yes and no. It shows Firefox in my downloads, but it won't launch. Any ideas?

When I download Firefox onto Windows 8, I can't get past the user account controls window. I've answered both yes and no. It shows Firefox in my downloads, but it won't launch. Any ideas?

Alle Antworten (2)

Ausgewählte Lösung

Did the file you downloaded include the word "stub" in its name? That installer needs to connect to the web to download additional files, which perhaps is getting blocked. You could try the "full" downloader instead. Scroll down to your language:

https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/

You're the best! That worked great. Amazing!

Thank you thank you thank you!!