Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Dieses Thema wurde geschlossen und archiviert. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie Hilfe benötigen.
Gesperrt Archiviert

"Can't load XPCOM"

KatSaavedra

I can't get to the internet on my Sony VAIO because Firefox "can't load XPCOM". What can I do?

I can't get to the internet on my Sony VAIO because Firefox "can't load XPCOM". What can I do?

Alle Antworten (3)

Can you be more specific? Where are you seeing "Can't load XPCOM"?

hello KatSaavedra, please try a clean reinstall:

  • download the full firefox setup file from https://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all/
  • uninstall firefox on the machine (but don't chose to delete your custom files & settings in the uninstaller)
  • manually delete all remaining files in the firefox program folder, which usually resides in C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\
  • reinstall firefox