Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

How do I switch on the D0 Not Track feature?

Lukefab

I read your very good article on the Do Not Track feature, but it does not advise or provide a selection tab to activate the Do Not Track service, which I would like to do. (2) I see below on my Firefox Version that I have 3.6.23. I have recently downloaded Firefox Version 7, which is in my Download folder. Does this mean that my download of version 7 has not been activated so my notebook is not running version 7 as yet or is 3.6.23 something else all together? If currently not running Firefox Version 7, how do I transfer it across from Downloads to Programs? Copy & Paste from Downloads to Programs folder on my Windows Explorer?

I read your very good article on the Do Not Track feature, but it does not advise or provide a selection tab to activate the Do Not Track service, which I would like to do. (2) I see below on my Firefox Version that I have 3.6.23. I have recently downloaded Firefox Version 7, which is in my Download folder. Does this mean that my download of version 7 has not been activated so my notebook is not running version 7 as yet or is 3.6.23 something else all together? If currently not running Firefox Version 7, how do I transfer it across from Downloads to Programs? Copy & Paste from Downloads to Programs folder on my Windows Explorer?

Alle Antworten (2)

To install Firefox 7, run the installer you downloaded (double-click it). Actually, I recommend backing up your Firefox settings first in case something goes wrong. See Backing up your information. (You can copy your entire Firefox profile folder somewhere outside of the Mozilla folder.)

Regarding Do Not Track, it is in the Options dialog on the Privacy tab when you are finished updating.

Selecting the "do-not-track" setting will only make Firefox send a specific HTTP header (DNT=1) to a web server.
It is up to the server to do something with that request.

See also: