Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Archiviert

How do I allow a pdf file to open automatically after it downloads?

joanne_chow

Previously when I need to download a pdf file, there will be a prompt asking what program to open it with, after which it opens automatically after downloading.

Now, it the pdf downloads into My Downloads folder and doesn't open automatically. I tried changing the option to 'Always Ask Me Where to Save Files' but this was not my previous setting.

I'm not sure if I accidentally changed the settings but I would like it to revert to the window popping up asking if it should open or save whenever I click on 'download' in my gmail.

Previously when I need to download a pdf file, there will be a prompt asking what program to open it with, after which it opens automatically after downloading. Now, it the pdf downloads into My Downloads folder and doesn't open automatically. I tried changing the option to 'Always Ask Me Where to Save Files' but this was not my previous setting. I'm not sure if I accidentally changed the settings but I would like it to revert to the window popping up asking if it should open or save whenever I click on 'download' in my gmail.

Alle Antworten (1)

Go to Tools->Options->Application, search for Adobe Acrobat Document and choose Always ask in the Action column.

If you wish to reset all the download actions try the instructions in this article File types and download actions