Windows 10 reached EOS (end of support) on October 14, 2025. If you are on Windows 10, see this article.

Hilfe durchsuchen

Vorsicht vor Support-Betrug: Wir fordern Sie niemals auf, eine Telefonnummer anzurufen, eine SMS an eine Telefonnummer zu senden oder persönliche Daten preiszugeben. Bitte melden Sie verdächtige Aktivitäten über die Funktion „Missbrauch melden“.

Weitere Informationen
Gelöst

I cannot add an attachment, when I press the attachment button nothing happens

rollandwestreich

I cannot add an attachment, when I press any attachment button nothing happens

I cannot add an attachment, when I press any attachment button nothing happens

Alle Antworten (4)

Ausgewählte Lösung

You may be seeing a recently discovered bug - the symptom is that if you previously attached a file, but the previous folder no longer exists because it was deleted or renamed, when you later try to attach a file using the Write window's "Attach" button, it will silently fail. That is, clicking the button will appear to do nothing. The bug should be fixed in the next release.

In the meantime, a workaround is to drag-and-drop the file onto the Write window.

Or, if you don't mind changing Thunderbird's Advanced Settings:

- In the settings > general > Config Editor, search for: "mail.compose.attach.dir".

- The value (path) here must be changed to one that is still available (for example C:).

- Close and exit Thunderbird, then restart it.

Geändert am von Lin

I made the change to "mail.compose.attach.dir". (changed to C:\) I was able to make an attachment. HOWEVER: 3 of my email accounts show no or 1 message. And help greatly appreciated. TIA Tbird: 157.0.1 64bit Windows 11 latest update. Herb

As a followup. After I made the change to "mail.compose.attach.dir". (changed to C:\)

One account's mail box shows 136 messages in the Inbox but I only see the contents of one message on the screen.

Another account shows 376 messages but only the content of one shows on the screen.

Same is true for Inbox and Sent folders.

Update: I fixed the seeing only one message problem. A filter setting apparently got changed inadvertantly.

Stellen Sie eine Frage

Sie müssen sich mit Ihrem Benutzerkonto anmelden, um auf Beiträge zu antworten. Bitte stellen Sie eine neue Frage, wenn Sie noch kein Benutzerkonto haben.